We went to the aquarium and Spencer wanted to play with the sharks.

We went to the Wrights Brothers beach and memorial. Garett entertained the kids and I got to read the kiosk, which was a real treat for me and very interesting.
We saw lighthouses. I have always wanted to see one. Cape Hatteras lets you climb to the top, however, you have to be at least 42 in. so poor Spencer didn't make the cut and I couldn't carry Mallory. Spencer was really upset and has decided that he is going to build his own lighthouse and not let the Park Rangers climb it.
I guess we will just have to come back in 5 years-ish so that we can all climb to the top.
The beaches a really nice. You can get a permit and then drive your car onto the beach. How nice would that be to not have to haul all your stuff.
The boys got brave and were jumping waves. We also found a lot of cool things, like a dead crab. A star fish but it was still alive so I threw it back in. Lots of Jelly fish on the beach, I didn't throw those back in.
The weather was so nice while we were there. It was the perfect time to go. About an hour after we got in the car to come home it started to rain and hasn't stopped since.


We went to the Wrights Brothers beach and memorial. Garett entertained the kids and I got to read the kiosk, which was a real treat for me and very interesting.
We saw lighthouses. I have always wanted to see one. Cape Hatteras lets you climb to the top, however, you have to be at least 42 in. so poor Spencer didn't make the cut and I couldn't carry Mallory. Spencer was really upset and has decided that he is going to build his own lighthouse and not let the Park Rangers climb it.
I guess we will just have to come back in 5 years-ish so that we can all climb to the top.
The beaches a really nice. You can get a permit and then drive your car onto the beach. How nice would that be to not have to haul all your stuff.
The boys got brave and were jumping waves. We also found a lot of cool things, like a dead crab. A star fish but it was still alive so I threw it back in. Lots of Jelly fish on the beach, I didn't throw those back in.
The weather was so nice while we were there. It was the perfect time to go. About an hour after we got in the car to come home it started to rain and hasn't stopped since.
If you live in NC and haven't gone to the Outer Banks, it really is a must do!!!!
2 comments:
We are coming to NC in December, how far do you live from Camp Legune?
We love that place!! so glad you got to go. We miss having you up the street, hope all is well with you.
Post a Comment