When I left for my mission my brother told me to stop and smell the roses! He really didn't give me much more info then, missions are busy and crazy but don't forget to see the amazing. I took this to heart as a missionary.
Lately, I have been reminded that there are roses in my own busy and crazy life as well. Lately, I have really enjoyed smelling the roses all around me. For instance, today Vaughn rang his bell as he rode his bike on our walk. He was just so happy to be out there and pedaling. He was looking all around him and pointing out everything as we walked, even though we have walked that way a million times.
Another rose is the Gospel in my life. I keep hearing of strong people who are having doubts and falling away. I don't have doubts. I don't understand everything but I don't have doubts. I figure that Satan wants us all to turn away from the light of Christ and since he isn't going to get me with the normal temptations (drugs, adultery, pornography) he is trying something new. Something simply....Doubt. He is also using this with friends. He is sneaky. But the Gospel is a rose and I know that it brings me happiness. I don't understand how it brings me happiness (not completely) but neither do I understand how un-happy I would be without it. So for me and my house we are going to serve the Lord and listen to his Prophets. After all it was right after the Nephites stoned and denied the prophets that great destruction came.
Here are some pictures of some of my other roses:





No comments:
Post a Comment