Sunday, July 20, 2008

5k

I want to be a runner so bad and for so many reasons. First, I've never seen a fat runner and second, it is a great way to relieve stress. A bonus is it is something I can do with my kids. This weekend my friend Julie and I ran a 5k. I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to run the whole thing because I haven't been running regularly since we moved. But we ran the whole thing in 36 min. Not a record but I am very proud of it.


This is us at mile marker one. We still have energy.
Not a great picture but that is us on the last stretch.
That is us finishing, Preston was such a good support, he was cheering and jumping and then as I got near to him he ran out as asked to run with me, so we ran the rest of the way together and the whole time he just kept saying "Good job, mommy". How can I not have success. Preston and I are right in front of Julie, you can see him in the yellow shirt.
To the Victors!!!! Not the best picture of me cause I am standing funny but it totally doesn't matter because I just finished a 5k

4 comments:

Monica said...

Go Jackson Woman! I know that had to feel good afterwards. What's next?

auntiesues said...

Yay race finishers, my heroes!

justLorie said...

Congratulations Rachel!

Liz Hall said...

Way to go Mas, keep up the good work!