Spencer really liked the first farm we went to because all the ripe Blueberries were at his height. He ate a lot of Blueberries that day.
This weekend our friends from Ft. Bragg and some friends we've made here went Blueberry picking. We went to the farm that is 3 miles from our house. The berries were a little harder to reach but they were cheaper and organic. Spencer couldn't pick the berries from the tree but he found plenty from buckets put on the ground that had berries in them(including buckets of strangers). He ate a lot of blueberries again.
Caleb and Spencer soon realized that some of the best berries had already fallen on the ground, they decided they were the easiest to reach and eat.
Garett has plans to go again next week with his friend that is visiting from Az. We just can't get enough berries, yummy!!
1 comment:
Hola Hna Mas! I was so excited to see a link to your blog on Carie's blog (which I also discovered today from Facebook). It's so nice to see what you've been up to. I can't beleive it's been seven years since the mission! In all that time I've never had a cuter haircut than the one you gave me. :)
I've been blogging since April '06, and I'm a little addicted to it now. But it is such an nice way to keep in touch with everyone. For the longest time Liz has been my only blogging friend from the mission, and it's been fun keeping up with her, but I'm looking forward to following yours and Carie's blogs now too. :)
Remember Janeth Cantarero (my sis-in-law)? They're hoping to move to NC sometime in the next few years. They're waiting for the market to recover to sell their condo in Laurel. I'll keep you posted when the time gets closer.
Let's see, who else? Sis Waldeck found me on Facebook and was hoping I was you. :) Also from the wonderful world of Facebook, Janet from Bowie, MD who married David Lainez from Honduras found me the other day. I'm sure she'd love to reconnect with you...Hnas Larsen and Albano are there too. So I guess what I'm saying is you should get in on the Facebook action! :D
Anyway, I love this blueberry post. We have lots of blueberry farms around here too (Salem, Oregon), but they're just barely coming on right now. My favorite thing to do with them is make blueberry cornmeal pancakes. Yum!
Please feel free to stop by my blog sometime. thecantareros.blogspot.com
Post a Comment