Monday, February 15, 2010

How to get a baby out!

Anybody who knows me, knows I hate being pregnant. I feel guilt every time I say or even just think this. I should be grateful for this blessing of being able to have kids. I am grateful that I two wonderful kids and am about to have another. Having said all that I still think pregnancy is a punishment and something that I have to endure.
I am in my 36th week and I just want this baby out of me now (if she is healthy of course). So I have made a plan. Before I tell you my plan I want to say that I really don't believe in these old wives tells. I know that the baby will come out whenever it wants to no matter what I want. However, I can't just sit around a wait.
35th Week- Stop taking Aspirin. (I am Protein S deficient, Garett has read that taking aspirin will not allow you to go into labor and he has read the opposite also. All I know is I went off of it with Preston and a week later I went into labor, I took it until the day I went delivered Spencer and had to be induced)
35th- Start walking. I have had the most seditary pregnancy ever. I was so sick at first then my appendix surgery. Then it was cold and I was 5 month and just didn't care. So I figure if I start walking and increase the pace as well as difficulty every few day then I will be good. We have a really good hill by our house.
Also, I start drinking herbal berry tea.
36th- Walk/run/gallop up our stair an extra 5 times in the morning and evening. Eat a can on pineapple a day.
37th- Start eating some mango and kiwi and add another run up the stairs.
38th- Cry really hard and go to our friends house that has a trampoline.

If I don't have this baby by then I don't know what I will do. I know this is still two weeks early but I am a really good cooker and my babies are ready by then. Spencer was two weeks early and I think he was overdone maybe even a little burnt.
If I missed something let me know so I can add it to my plan. Bring on the baby!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Annell said...

Okay, this is what helped with ethan because he was stubborn. I walked up and down on the edge of the sidewalk all the way to the park where I swang in a swing for about 20 minutes. Then I did the sidewalk thing all the way home where I ate some pineapple with lime and chili powder. After which I rubbed peppermint lotion all over my belly. I heard that peppermint helps the stomach to contract. And guess what? I went into labor that night. Also, Spicy cajun food put me into labor with maya two weeks early. Good luck my dear!

Jamie said...

There are certain pressure points in massage that are supposed to activate labor. (And if it doesn't at least you got a nice back & foot rub, right?) :)

Melissa S. said...

Seriously, I PROMISE I tried them all (with 4out of the 5 arriving fashionably late) and nothing works. But your friend is right, I DID like the nice foot rubs....I mean, accupressure points. :)

Page said...

Ummmm please wait until AFTER your shower.

I have the winning tip (and no, it's not what you're thinking), but I won't tell you until after the baby shower.

Kim said...

I believe in Castor oil!

Kim said...

If you come on Thursday night I'll tell you my other favorite tip!

Heather said...

Good luck! I'm thinking of you and hoping for your sake it's all over with soon and you have a sweet little baby in your arms instead of your insides!