Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Preston

The boys are in the bath right now in preparation for bedtime. Garett and I are outside the bathroom waiting for them to be done, and what do we hear, a little tooting in the tub. Spencer asks Preston "What was that?" Without missing a beat Preston says "Well Mommy and Daddy are outside doing fireworks".
Preston has become the best at making excuses for his tooting, they have been Hippos, frogs, crickets and now fireworks. I can't believe that my 4 year old is a toot excuser.

Now he is not all gross. He does do cute things also. In preparation for the baby I put together a backpack of clothes for the boys. We have been telling them if they wake up and mommy and daddy are gone then somebody is downstairs to take of them. Well the other day Garett went into school early and I fell asleep on the couch after some insomnia. I heard Preston wake up and go into our room like he does every morning then I heard him run back into his room. Then he came downstairs. I sat up to say good morning and there he was with the backpack of clothes and a huge grin, until he saw me and realized that we weren't gone to the hospital.

Preston is such a good boy. He does have his up and downs but we love him so much. He is so excited to be a big brother again and is having a hard time waiting for his sister, almost as much as his mom is.

3 comments:

Liz Hall said...

What a cute boy. That is hilarious about the fireworks.

Jamie said...

That is too cute. And lucky for him, when she finally DOES come, he can just blame all his toots on her!

Melissa S. said...

WOW, he must have some REALLY loud toots if Spencer believed they were fireworks! :)
I was hoping it was a baby post!