This week was our most busy. My niece and nephew came to visit for a week each. So we all played tourist and tried to get the most done in the short time they were there. These pictures are not in any order.
Kelly and I on a sunset Catamaran ride. The ride came with free drinks...which included Hawaii Sun Juice (best stuff ever) I drank 3 and half cans during the 1 hour ride. I wanted to get my money's worth.

We had great seats for fireworks on the 4th, Our balcony! Actually, the Marriott hotel set off fireworks every Friday night. The kids loved seeing them and we loved not having to go anywhere to see them.

This is Hanauma Bay. It is famous for being a great spot for snorkeling, especially beginners. IT. WAS. AMAZING!!!

Garett was able to take both boys out for a little snorkeling.

This was the 4th of July parade. Um, it was super lame. The boys only got one piece of Candy. This is my nephew and boys with a Star Wars version of Captain America.

This was the best part of the parade. Dancing dragons. I guess that if you give them money you are supposed to get good luck. I don't know how much I believe it but the boys had fun feeding them.

Little Miss Liberty

Waiting for the parade to get interesting. We just kept waiting and waiting.

We went to the "Punchbowl". National Cemetery of the Pacific. Basically everybody who died fighting in the Pacific is buried here. They also have a memorial of those who were lost in battle and never found. I am very grateful for those who have given there life for freedom!

The Polynesian Cultural Center was a favorite spot. Here we are with our cousin (tour guide) she is from Texas. She was so great. She would take Mallory so that we could participate in different things. She got the kids an exclusive boat ride. And overall she was just fun. Anybody who is planning on going to Hawaii. Go to the PPC. So great!!

In the village of Tahiti learning to dance. Spencer was a professional. And during the large demo my nephew got called on stage to dance for everybody. He can truly shake it.

In the village of Hawaii learning to Hula. You can't see it in this picture but Mallory climbed on stage and started to Hula. Needless to say she totally stole the show. Even now when you ask her to hula she will shake her little bum.

This is the village of Fiji. This is a stick game that is really a training of some sort. Anyways, that is my niece and she ended up winning the whole game. She has reflexes like a ninja.

Even Mallory played the stick game.

They also taught us how to use Poi Balls. Why would they give these to children???Just to brag I was the best on the Poi balls. I could spin them like no other.

Garett and Kelly playing "Bula". I hope you all enjoy this picture because at the time I was taking it Spencer was throwing a stick at my head. He was really good at this game.

They told us to give our "Lea" to somebody you love, since a lea is a symbol of a hug. While Garett and I where exchanging leas. They boys exchanged the too, without being prompted. Yeah, they love each other!!

Yeah, he loves me!

Shark's Cove, this is another famous snorekling place but forthe more advanced. The tidal pools were fun to search.

Again with the Masumoto's. It was so good!

Garett and my nephew Holden rented this so they could chase the turtles. However, they boys took a little ride too.

She loved the beach and had no fear of the waves. She played she swam, she rested then did it all over again. She loved the boogie board and sitting on sand castles.

Sometime during the trip, Spencer and Preston learned to swim. With that they became more confident in the ocean and on the waves.

Holden was the only one to take surf lessons. It is a lot of work. Garett and I really wanted to take lessons, but there was never a good time to do it. Bummer

The Honolulu Zoo had a great petting area.

Spencer is going to do a lot of crazy stuff in his life. He climbed on anything and everything while we were there. This is the side of a hotel.

We are still looking for a name for this band?

We went to the USS Arizona memorial. It is a huge memorial/museum with different ships and things to see. It was not hard to get a clear picture of how thing happened. The whole time I just had this feeling of great sadness. Again, thank you to those who gave their life.

Riding the boat over to the USS Arizona.
I hate to end with that last picture. We had a great time with my niece and nephew. However, I am grateful that I still have a few more years until my kids are teens. Thank you Holden and Kelly for coming and especially for babysitting!
3 comments:
HA HA HA HA!!! Mallory in her Hawaii/bikini band outfit is hilarious!!!
And fireworks from the balcony?!!?? Um, MINE KIND OF HOTEL!!! How awesome is that?!?!
These pictures are sooo cool. I'm so glad you caught so much on camera
That looks like a great time in Hawaii. Its Hawaii though so how can it be anything but a great time right. I love North Shore when we went to Oahu that is the side we stayed on. Yes Matsumoto's is definately the the best. We have a shave ice machine because we loved theirs so much. Sorry that it didn't work out again for us to get together. I should just come to your folks or Kristie's next time your down.
Also I have been thinking of you after looking at some pics and have been very thankful that you saved my wedding photos from my out of control bushy eyebrows. Thank You Rachel seriously those were scary you were so right.
Glad you had such a fun summer!
I'm so happy to see some pictures from your trip. Amazing. Did you live in the hotel with the free fireworks from the balcony the whole time that you were in Hawaii? So fun.
Post a Comment