Friday, May 24, 2013

Mother's Day(S)

We don't really do anything big for our anniversary and at Christmas time we really just focus on the kids, and most years I buy my own birthday cake but Mother's Day is my day. My first Mother's day I told Garett all my expectations(snobby, maybe) and he has never failed me. But this year was EPIC.
So Thursday before I was a little grumpy...I don't remember all the reasons but I know that I had dropped our camera and broke it that day, hence no pictures. So Garett gives me a card and immediately I was giddy. The card had the next 3 days planned out. It gave me the times, dress code and a hint (which was in scripture form). Now just to clarify I would have been happy if that was all I got because I could see that Garett put a lot of thought and effort into planning. Cheesy I know but he works a lot and doesn't have a lot of time so the fact that he gave some of the time to planning this for me was awesome. Ok so I don't want to make this super long, especially since I don't have pictures.
Friday- Temple and dinner
Saturday- Corsage making with the boys, this year they really helped and it was so much fun. I made a total of 16.
-Then a hike, picnic and cold stone. Oh and we went shopping for a mother's ring. Ended with a chick flick.
Sunday- Breakfast in bed. Then Garett took all the kids to deliver the rest of the corsages while I took a extra long shower (best gift ever). Then dinner and desert followed by presents. I got an outside trashcan, bike rack, bedframe, and a bunch of other things that was on a honey do list. Best gift was the boys made a angry jar. So when I get mad at them, I go and pull out a piece of paper. They say stuff like "mommy you are beautiful and stuff. They thought of it all by themselves. I also go all the cute homemade school stuff.

Oh but wait there was a bonus day...Tuesday we went the the 5th game and saw the SPURS play. Yep, we are now spurs fans. Go Spurs Go

Thank you Garett for all the awesomeness. Thank you kids for all the love and attention (Spencer gave me his bell to use for the day, all I had to do was ring it and they all came running). And thank you to a Father in Heaven who gave me the opportunity to be a mom. Best thing ever!!!
 I told you I drop our camera so these are all from my phone and I don't have a cool smart phone so...
Above is the boys making corsages.
 Garett and I on our hike
Yummy

No comments: