10 years ago if you would have asked me if Garett was handy with tools I would have laughed in your face. 5 Years ago, I would have shrugged and said a little. 2 years ago I would have said he was more of a brains type of guys but he could hold his own. Ask me today and I will tell you he is amazing. Since we moved into this house nine months ago he has built from scratch..Washer and dryer stand, bunkbeds, turtle cage, garden planter, bench (not really the whole bench but he did some serious overhauling), bike rack, and literally 5 min ago finished a bed frame.He has also put together a half dozen Ikea pieces. We have realized that over the years he can't do fragile and cute stuff. He does heavy, sturdy and unbreakable. It is up to me to make them look nice. Below are just some of the projects he has done.
This is our garden. It is growing so well. In fact in another day or two we will be eating our first squash. (Shout out to Garett's day who helped to build it)
Here is the bike rake that he finished today. Super cheap, super easy and make the garage super organized.
The bunk beds that he put together. They can either be in an L shape or as is. They are stained blue and it looks way better in person.
He is a link to the bench http://ncjacksonfive.blogspot.com/2012/07/vaughn-everett.html. I will take pictures of the bed when I get it all finished and pretty.
Turtles Cage. Which we are to the point where we almost have to get him another one. He is growing so fast. As you can see I haven't put much effort into making this one look good. It is just so low on the projects list. Turtle doesn't seem to mind.
1 comment:
SERIOUSLY?!?!?! I'm impressed. Like way impressed. Those are some serious projects!!!! I'm a fan of bike rack. I might just make Brooks make one. Send me a link?
Post a Comment