Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vaughn Everett

First things first, I know you all want to see and hear about the baby but I took these pictures of the babies room last week and haven't had a chance to post them. I love the babies room. The colors the furniture, everything. I'm just going to comment on the things that I made...like these pillows and the valence.                                                                      
 This is the view from the family room. The babies room was originally going to be an office but it works so nicely as a babies room. The previous owners left that bench, well they left part of that bench and Garett and I made it into what you see. We added the legs and the top. It is super cute.
 I know it is side ways but give me a break I just had a baby. This is an old dresser from my parents house. It used to be in the boys room and ways just so very ugly. I painted it and now I love it. So perfect for a changing table.
 This room was an add on and when the added they literally just left the outside wall and attached the rest of the walls. So this wall was rough brown ugly wood. I sanded it down and added the paint and now it is my favorite wall in my house. That door you see goes into the master bath so literally this room is within 10 steps of my bed. I know the door is still ugly but all the door in the house are wood and I think that if I change one I have to change them all.
 Ok so introducing the baby who will live in this room.........
Vaughn Everett Jackson born on July 27th at 6:34pm weighing 7.1 lbs and 20 in long.
 Garett came to the hospital strait from work
 Mallory loves baby, sometimes a little too much. Garett did her hair. Cute huh?
 Spencer is going through the "I don't know how to smile phase". But needless to say these boys are super proud and happy to finally have their new brother.

 First car trip to come home. He actually wasn't a happy camper but we caught this picture in between cries.
 Happy Birthday Vaughn!
Birth story coming up next.......

11 comments:

Liz Hall said...

Congrats! baby is super cute, he has one of my good friend's last name! Looks like the kids love their new addition too. Miss you.

Robyn said...

What a handsome little boy!!!! Love the nursery, super cute!

Page said...

Yay, welcome Vaughn! Although I might call him Everett, since obviously I love the name. :) Can't wait to see him.

Melissa S. said...

CONGRATS RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm BARELY over the fact I didn't get a text....BARELY) So first of all, LOVE the nursery (TONS OF WORK but totally worth it), and the name is super cute. He's a doll. I love the first picture of him w/ his fuzzy little hair. Wish I could hold him.
Love ya

Jenny said...

You are super awesome! Someday maybe I will get a creative bug and then I can make something cool like you do. He is a cute kid and I knew Mallory would love him to pieces, literally! I hope little Vaughn is treating you well and that you recover quickly. Way to go on posting so quickly. Miss you guys!

Emma and Dan said...

Cool name. He looks really cute in the car picture all bundled up. What a sweet blessing. Awesome job putting together a nursery when you just moved 5 minutes ago! :) Congrats on the little one.

Heather said...

Felicidades! So happy for you and your sweet family!

ericksonzone said...

Congratulations! Welcome little one. And it's so nice to love the room that baby will be in. You'll be spending a lot of time in there. :)

Kat M said...

Congrats. His room is super cute and he is adorable!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I'm glad he's here safely and that you're doing well now!

Tonya's Territory said...

Congrats Rachel!!! Wow! #4! Your kids are adorable! Love it! Glad everything turned out ok. Healthy baby, healthy mommy...at least at last!