Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Letter Addendum

All of you should have received your Christmas Letter from us and if you haven't then we are waiting for you address update (please email me). Well Garett pointed out that we haven't had to make a trip to the ER, well that is no longer true. Last night Spencer was driven to the hospital in an ambulance (he calls them woowoos). He had a febrile (fever induced) seizure. Truly the scariest thing that I have been through as a mother. He is fine now (no permanent damage and will likely not happen again) and is acting as if nothing has happened, I of course am still freaking out and won't let him out of my sight.
Looking back I am amazed at how blessed we are and how we had so much help and support when we needed it. After talking to 911 I called my neighbor who's husband is a doctor, he wasn't home but she quickly came over without being asked to get Preston and to help until the paramedics came (she is a nurse). When we showed up at the ER, two men from our church who are doctors were waiting for us (just to help out). They were off duty but stayed late for us. I am so grateful for there presence, it calmed me down and let me know things would be OK. However, no matter how blessed I felt I don't want to go though that whole thing again.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh!! That is scary. I'm glad everything turned out okay, but I'm so sorry.

Holly and Derek said...

That is so scary. I am so glad that everything is ok! Let me know if you need anything.

Annell said...

I'm so glad everything is ok. I miss you too!! When are you coming?!?

Davis and Laura said...

Oh my gosh. I am happy thing went well, that sounds extremely scary...I can understand your panic. Let me know if you need anything!

Heather said...

I know I'm way behind here, but I'm so glad he's okay. I can't even imagine how scary that must have been!

Regarding addresses, I don't think I have yours, so here's mine: cantamos@gmail.com

(I'd like to send you a recent photo of Janeth and fam):)