Friday, February 20, 2009

30 is not old

Ok so Garett and I have 1 month until we turn 30, so what am I doing to prepare for it:
1). I am planning a really huge party. I figure nobody else is going to have time, energy or desire to plan a party for me so I am taking it on. I keep changing my mind as to what kind of party I want to have (i.e.-Decades party, Fiesta or Rollerskating), but what I do know is I want it to be huge!!
2). I am tossing the idea of getting prego. I want to be done having kids by the time I am 30. Which means I can have a kid when I am 30 but not 31. I'm not really ready to have another kid but I have it in my mind that I have to be done by 30.
3). I am preparing to run a half marathon. I don't know why I am doing this, I don't really like running that much. However, I got it in my head that running a half marathon for my 30 birthday is like slapping old age in the face. So I wake up at 5:30 4 times a week and go running. Today it was only 20 degrees, I really hate running in the cold. I think after this I will just stick to 5k runs. They are much more fun and less painful.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Ooooh PAR-TAY! The kids and I are gone March 7-15...hope we can come!

Page said...

I want to help plan your party!! Let me know what you're thinking. I can do games or something. Or food.

Jill said...

Rachel, 30 is definitely not that old, but it certainly doesn't sound as nice as 20 somthing don't you think. Glad your hitting it with a bang, now that we are done going on the uphill battle of age and are just heading downhill good luck on your marathon and good job with all your disciplined running.

The Young's said...

Hey Rachel,I found your blog thru Jade's. Your family is so cute! I dont like blogging yet, but I try. Funny story about me turning 30.....I was turning 31 before I realized I had been 30 the entire year before. Yep, I let a whole year slip away, not to mention all the lies in telling everyone I was 29!.