Friday, February 20, 2009

Running

Cons-
-I am not a natural so it looks and feels like making a chicken swim.
-Running is hard on my feet. I'll save all of the details but lets just say I only have 7 toenails left, I have returned 2 pairs of shoes, and popped 3 blisters.
-I have to get up really early
-I've never seen a fat runner, yet here I am still chunky monkey!

Pros-
-I get to buy new shoes, in my case I have done it a few times
-I get to buy new clothes, because I don't have enough warm running clothes
-Since most mornings the boys wake up with only Garett at home, the days that I am home they still call out for daddy and don't even bother to look for me, so I sleep in. Poor Garett.
-My legs look great.

Half Marathon here I come.
March 28th Raleigh Rocks 1/2 Marathon.
(Running with my Brother, Lance)

1 comment:

Holly and Derek said...

Rachel...I am so proud of you! Keep it up and don't stop. It is all in your head...seriously!