Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hummus

2 weeks ago Garett bought some hummus opened it and had just a little. Sunday after church Garett gets said hummus out to snack on while making lunch. I had a few bites but was already not feeling great, where as Garett ate the rest of the container. 2 hours later Garett is complaining of stomach ache. 3 hours later we head off to a small get together with friends with neither one of us feeling great. Sunday night Garett gets a fever and the chills. Since I am prego and have pills for this sort of thing, I feel good enough to get our boys to bed. 3 in the morning, Garett can't sleep and is on the computer---sure enough, Hummus can cause food poisoning. Monday Garett is on the mend but no where near feeling good. I am sicker then I have ever been in my life, which is saying a lot since what I have been going through lately. Not even drugs help out. It is early Tuesday morning and I can't sleep, partly because I feel asleep at 8 pm.

So what does all this mean.....
1. Guilt. Yep, I have huge guilt. You see, Garett is an amazing husband and he has truly been running the house and serving me night and day but 2 weeks ago when I was having appendix pain before we found out it was appendix pain, Garett was stressed out because school was starting and he had a lot of other things going on. Let's just say he was not the nicest to me on that day as I was dying. So I said a little prayer asking that he somehow learn to have a little more sympathy. I mean the guy can't even remember the last time he felt sick. My prayer was answered this weekend and I feel a little bad, but I can't tell you how many times Garett said he is sooooo sorry I feel so sick all the time!
2. It also means that we really are not planning on having anymore kids. We won't write it in stone but for sure writing it in permanent ink!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You need to catch a break soon. Seriously!!