

Mallory was born March 11th at about 1030pm. Rachel's water broke around 6pm and we headed over to the hospital without any real contractions. They admitted her, and by about they hooked her up to some pitocin to bring the contractions on. Two of Rachel's friends showed up shortly afterward, they wanted to see a baby born (but not being the ones doing the pushing as they experienced with their own births!). I figured things would go kind of slow since by around 930 she still wasn't having any great contractions. I decided that I would go try to catch some shut eye for a little bit since she was under good care with Sara and Page. Within about 25 minutes I got a call to "you better hurry up." So I came right back, and on my way got a second call that Rachel was ready to push. Three pushes and Mallory was out and I missed all the laboring. Word is that there was a small moment of weakness when Rachel was about to change her mind about the epidural, but Page and Sara coached her through that (although dilating from 8cm to 10cm in less than 5 minutes is a painful thing). Rachel was a total champ! She was up and about in no time and is doing very well today. Mallory is quit an eater. She is quiet and sleeps a lot (but we have been fooled before, but we are cautiously optimistic). Preston and Spencer love her. They insist that we be here at the hospital all the time and can't figure out why Rachel and Mallory don't come home with us. I also have to mention that Rachel's parents came out to help out with the baby and keeping our household together for the next couple weeks while I am busy with school. They arrived the night before Mallory was born, got settled in and have been such a blessing to have with us.
18 comments:
She's beautiful!! I think she looks just like Spencer. Congratulations!
Congratulations! How fun to add a girl to your world of boys. :) I love the boys' shirts.
Congrats!!! She is so cute! Love the "princess protector" shirts!!!!!!
Your little girl is SO cute!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Love the PINK outfit!
Rachel was so amazing. I still can't get over how strong she is! Mallory is so gorgeous :-)
Congrats! I love Mallory's outfit and super cute bow. I don't think your parents could have timed their trip any better. I guess I was wrong when I said you'd probably go over due at playgroup on Thursday. Maybe, I just cursed myself. Eeek!
She's out and beautiful! We're so excited for you guys. I hope she's as good of a baby as Rory is. Wow, no epideral, you are a brave woman. : )
Can I first say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Mallory!!!!! Why in the WORLD was that not on the list?! I would've put that #1 for sure.
CONGRATS!!!! Even though it went FAST and you DID go natural, I think it's MORE painful when he goes crazy fast like that, so my hats OFF TO YOU for that! Rachel, I'm just so excited for you and that your little girl is HERE!!!!! I will say though, it looked weird seeing you hold pink......
Yay! Congratulations! Another girl sure looks good in that family. She's beautiful. Way to go mom!
those shirts are aweosme haha. labor sounds like it sucks. congrats rach! see you soon! -kelly briggs
How wonderful! Congratulations!
YAY!! I'm so happy for you! I love her name, and her bodyguards look ecstatic. :) Felicidades!!
many congrats!
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything went well! You look fabulous Rachel! The boys will be the perfect princess proctectors! She is a beauty! I'm so happy for you guys!
Congratulations!!! Girls are so fun! I love the name Mallory too! Cute!! The boys' t-shirts are AWESOME!!
I wish I could go back in time 11 months and steal your precious t- shirts for my boys. Love them! She is a beautiful girl!
What an event. It sounds like a party I missed. I'm sure you didn't feel that way Rachel but congrats congrats!
Just let me know if you need to head down to IKEA for any baby furniture you just happened to forget. I'd love to head down there again with you!
Congratulations!! She is beautiful. I am sure she is already so much fun and your boys look like they adore her. Good Job!
Post a Comment