Wednesday, March 16, 2011

As most of you know, every year I do something slightly over the top for Garett's birthday. Usually it involves something embarrassing. However, this year I gave him everything he wished for and more. I gave him a guys day, without embarrassment. It started in the morning playing some ball with his friends.
After that he went to the range with some different friends. Sorry the picture is side ways. After shooting he got to go to his favorite restaurant again with guy friends. And afterwards got to have his first cake.
Following lunch he went golfing with another friend. His shoulder is still sore.
After golfing he was supposed to take a nap. I took our hammock to the woods by our house. I didn't have enough rope to put it up correctly so I left it there thinking Garett could put it up the right way. When he went to the woods 2 hours later, the hammock was gone. So sad huh? Because of all that he didn't get to have a nap. Super sad huh?
Next he took his best guy friends (Preston and Spencer) ever to play video games and eat some Pizza.
Garett's Birthday Breakfast Cake. WE love March Madness.
When Garett was younger he had a favorite stuffed animal call "Ricky the Raccoon". However, it got lost over the years. When Preston found out it was lost, he wanted to know how. Garett said it was accidentally thrown away during a move. Having seen Toy Story 3, Preston then assumed that the toy was ground up into tiny pieces and burned to ash (like the garbage in the movie), so he thought Garett was sad about this and decided that he would get dad a new Ricky. He wrapped this all by himself.
Happy Birthday Garett!!
Medical school is finally starting to make him look his age... ;-)

1 comment:

Emma and Dan said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I think you are "super-wife" to have set all this up for him. Bummer about the hammock (and the nap) though.