Spencer is almost 21 months and he just reached the age when he is starting to really copy what other people do. And of course his favorite person to copy is Preston. Which can be bad, (saying poop, and picking his nose because mom thinks it is gross)but most of the time it is very good (sitting quietly reading books for long periods of time). Trying to be like Preston has made him grow up a little to much, to fast. For example.......This is Spencer Potty training himself!!!
I denied it for awhile saying that he was to young. I kept him in diapers and every time he went potty I would take it off and put it back on, which got really old really fast. So I gave in and let him wear pull-ups. But after about 2 days of wearing the same pull-up (because he didn't have an accident and I am too cheap not to make him re-use the same one) I decided to put big boy underwear on. And that was that, he tells you when he has to go he hasn't really had an accident, expect once when he was so tired and just wanted me to hurry and get him to nap. He also has decided that he wants to sleep in a big boy bed. So we put the toddler bed in his room and that is where he sleeps. He is still not super easy to put to bed so we are leaving the boys in separate rooms for now but hope to put them in the same room someday. I can't believe he is so big and I can't believe I won't be buying diapers anytime soon. To tell the truth it all happened so fast that I am sad I didn't get to say goodbye to my little baby.
4 comments:
Wow! What initiative! Not having to buy diapers...I think we're going to celebrate when we no longer have to put two babies in diapers at the same time anymore.
I am so jealous!!!!
Haha! I found your blog! Wahoo!
Next.. why did I not give you back that sippy yesterday? duh. I must be pregnant. And lastly, I love the pic of Spencer on the toilet. Classic! You've gotta be a great mom to catch a pic like that!
He's so cute. Good job. My brother is moving out to North Carolina. Maybe when we come to visit, we can stop by.
Post a Comment