Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Failure to Launch

So has anybody seen Failure to Launch. The part in the movie when the girl is kept awake all night by a mocking bird and wants to kill it with a shotgun. I totally understand where she is coming from. There is a mocking bird that lives in the tree across the street, it is so loud we thought it was in our tree. It keeps Preston up and gives Spencer really weird, scary dreams. So if you see me on the news for putting a bullet hole in my neighbors window, please testify for me and let the judge know about the bird.
Ok on to blogging....

My kids are so funny and I know I have a million things to blog about but every time I sit down to write my mind goes blank. I have been having a lot of trouble with my mind ever since Mallory was born. Let's get to know our family....
Garett- is now a third year, which means he is now doing rotations. He started off in Internal Medicine (very long hours and lots to learn). I can't really say if he loves it or not. I think he is just focused on not over dosing anybody and staying awake. He has done a few night calls and has a few more. The boys miss him terrible and Mallory won't even look at him (it is actually really funny, she really won't make eye contact with him). However, I am proud of him and am enjoying hearing about people rather then book facts.
Rachel- I am learning to balance life with 3 kids. I am so far from being in a routine. My house is dirty all the time and dirty laundry is taking over our house. I am forgetting everything and it is driving me crazy. However, I love my kids and at the end of the day, even though my house looks like I did nothing, I feel good about what I did get done and little by little feel like I can handle it all.
Preston- He is almost done with his second year of co-op preschool. He is "playing" soccer. He loves bugs and caught a bee last week and wanted to keep it as a pet. He has officially lost any and all baby fat and very much looks like a boy and not a little kid. He has the best reading comprehension for somebody who can't even read yet. (We just finished Charlotte Web). He is allergic to sunscreen. He eats sooo much food consistently now. He and Spencer have pet crabs now. He hates his hair to be washed and shockingly has an opinion on how long and how to style his hair. His favorite color is still orange. He is working on being a gentleman by opening doors for girls. He loves to talk and will talk to everybody. He knows all the answers at church (at least that is what his teacher tells us, maybe he should practice what he preaches). Below is a picture of him with a "collar" he made for Salta on Mother's day.
Mallory is my Joy. I love her so much. She is such a good baby. She is sleeping about 6 to 7 hours at night. She scrunches her nose when she smiles, which she does all the time, except when dad is around. She does not like it when I eat Chocolate or Nuts. She loves her binky and likes her face covered when she sleeps (which I hate). She also likes to be really warm when she sleeps, which I think she got from taking so many naps with Grandma and her many blankets. She finally fits nicely into her clothes so playing dress up is fun now.
Spencer is Spencer. We love him! He will be 3 in a few days but he acts like he is a 5 year old. He loves book to be read to him. He loves to climb and has really mastered the art of climbing trees. He screams all the time and we can't figure out how to stop him. He loves his sister and will sit there and play with her as long as she will let him. Sometimes he gets invited to go to Preschool with Preston and he loves it. He hates to clean up and usually has Preston do it for him (Preston always gives in to Spencer). He loves eating green onions from our garden but never really gets bad breath which is weird and awesome! He talks in his sleep and will sometimes have a conversation with you. His favorite color is Blue. He can not sit still and can not sit by himself, he has to be on or by somebody.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You have an awesome family! We love you guys!