Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Canada


On Sunday I thought about it, on Monday I found out Garett wasn't coming with, on Tuesday I made the decision to go, on Wednesday I freaked out, on Thursday I packed and on Friday I went..........to Canada........driving..........with two boys and newborn............it was a super great week......Seriously!

On the way there we stopped in Erie, PA and stayed the night at our friends house. Preston was in Preschool with their son and was so excited to see him again. They took us to Lake Erie and as we drove there I totally fell in love with Erie. I know I can't believe it either but from what I saw, it looks like a really great place to live.
The next day we drove the last 3 hours. We were all super excited to see Auntie Sues. Preston kept going to her and gave her kisses on the arm or face or hand, basically anywhere he could reach.
Mallory was a champ during the driving. I took Garett's car which allowed the kids all to be in the same row. Preston sat next to Mali and every time she would make a peep he would shove a paci in her mouth. It wasn't that bad to drive by myself and I would totally do it again, just not anytime soon.
Spencer, Preston and Luke
The ward/church that we went to when we lived there no longer exists (it was split and combined with other wards, which was sad for us). Because of the change I went to church at the wrong time and had to wait an hour for it to start. The boys were super cranky so the waiting was not really fun. Right when church started Preston laid on the floor and took a nap, I had to wake him up at the end.
We spent the week going to our favorite parks and stores, eating street meat and other favorite foods, cuddling Auntie Sues, and of course playing with Puppy Morgan. Morgan is a face licker, she also likes to lick in the inside of your ear. I hate it but of course the boys called it kissing and loved it. Yeah, I wasn't giving them very many kisses after that.
Mallory is a mama's girl. It took her a little time to warm up to Sues, but as you can see here, she loves her Auntie!!
Mallory loved Puppy Morgan and surprisingly she loved her back. Mallory would grab Morgan hair by the fist fulls. It had to have hurt but Morgan never yelped, snapped or anything, she just kept on coming back.. She loved to kiss Mallory, sometimes it was overwhelming for Mali. In this picture Mallory was trying to eat Morgan.
All of the parks in Toronto have a wading pool like this. It was prefect for the boys. I wish North Carolina had something like this. We went to a few different parks and played in the water.
On Friday Garett flew into town and we headed strait for the island. It is such a fun place to go. There is a small amusement park for kids, bike trails with cool bikes for 4 to rent, tons of picnic area and beaches (clothes optional and clothes required). We decided to head for the beach (clothes required). However, once we got to the first one Garett decided that he wanted to go to a different beach. We had to walk about 2 miles to get there, but it was a nice walk and we enjoyed it.
This was one of the parks on the island. No fear Spencer was at the top in seconds, but before we left Spencer "taught" Preston, so the both were at the very top.
Preston was making a sand angel and then fell asleep.
The water was so cold but the boys loved playing in the sand. Of course we got in!!!!
This is how Mallory enjoyed the beach.
Lastly, on Saturday, Auntie Sues took us out for a very special treat. We went to the CN Tower (boys call it the Tower of Power after a backyardagins). The tower has a restaurant on the 117th floor that rotates. It was awesome!!!
The Tower of Power also has a observation deck with a glass floor. Spence was jumping all over it. No Fear. Preston and I were a little chicken, so we just watched Spencer.
We had a great time in Canada. We love you and miss you Auntie Sues!!!



4 comments:

Melissa S. said...

First of all, I don't think I could do that whole standing on a window over hundreds of feet thing!!! :) And I SECOND that wading pool idea in NC. How cool would THAT be?!?!?

amandaruth said...

Makes me nervous just seeing him over that window/glass! It was good to see you...we hope to see you in Erie again!

Stephanie said...

Did you guys find the "key to the world?" I'm glad the trip went well. It's scary traveling with children. : )

kate said...

Don't you just love Susan's Bed n Breakfast in Toronto. Our boys had a blast at the CN tower too, and the Hockey hall of fame and the science museum and I was quite the fan of Whole Foods...within walking distance no less....Life is Good in Toronto.

Love the pics of the little ones....keep them coming :-)