So it all started last Friday night when Spencer fell down at Auntie Sues house in Toronto. No big deal, the kid falls all the time. He cried for a second and then was off and running again until Auntie Sues pointed out that his thumb was bent a little funny. Off to the ER again. I must say that "having an in with Doctors" is the only way to go to the ER. Since Auntie Sues works at the hospital it didn't take too long to get the x-rays and see a Hand Doctor. By the way the Doctor that saw us has been in training since 1998, WOW!
After seeing a few more Doctors and splinting his Thumb, it was decided that he would need to have surgery. Nobody has ever looked so good in a hospital gown, which we now own because when Spencer woke up he didn't want to let go of it and since he was screaming his head off he got to keep it, just don't tell. Does that mean we stole it?

This picture was taken after waking him after the surgery. He was not happy at all and screamed for about 45 min. Most of the time he had his eyes closed and was basically screaming in his sleep. Notice the blood on my shirt, it is from his IV when they took it out. The same thing happens to me every time.

After he finished screaming and had a couple packages of fruit snacks (we are getting ready to go on vacation and have no food in the house, by this time the poor guy hasn't eatin for about 20 hours), he was up and at it. These are my cute surfer dudes catching some waves. He is still wearing the hospital socks in this picture and would still be wearing them if he hadn't peed on them. He loved them.

So how is he doing you might ask? Well he now has a black eye from bonking heads with Preston while surfing and then this morning he was jumping of the couch and bit his gum somehow and has a fat lip and swollen gum. So basically things are back to normal, except for the cast which he hates and continually asks me to take it off and when I say no he tells me "my arm broken".

Wish us luck while on Vacation in AZ. At least they have a really good Children's hospital there. If I don't get to blog before the 25th. Merry Christmas!
7 comments:
Glad to hear things are back to (somewhat) normal in your house. Sounds like he really didn't miss a beat! Safe travels :-)
Poor little guy! What a trooper though. That is awesome about the hospital gown and socks. How cute! I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Can't wait to see you!!
You've got to be freakin kidding me Rach!! Who has it out for your poor Spencie?? You are one brave mama. By the way, I think it was about 65 degrees today in Phoenix...
What's up Jackson's? I've been reading your blog for a while, but wasn't completely sure you'd remember us (can you believe it's been 3 years since we left NC?!), so I never commented, although I laugh a whole lot as I read the adventures of your family. Your boys look like heaps of fun and you are definitely a busy mommy to be tending to all the bumps and breaks! Poor Spencer, that stinks to have a cast. But he does look cute in his hospital attire.
I'm going to add you to my blog list, if that's okay, so I can keep up with you guys. Who knows, we may be back in NC in a year and a half, maybe we'll see you there.
Oh Rach,
Our boys are so big! We need to hang out. I love that regular life is big lips and crying - life with boys. I will be surprised if Dax makes it to Kindergarten with all of his teeth.
Poor guy, is he doing better? We were in AZ also. I'm so sad we weren't able to see you all, maybe next time.
Post a Comment