Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CPS vist???

I think a visit from CPS is going to be inevitable at the rate Spencer is chalking up his injuries.

Just a re-cap of the last months worth of doctor's visits for Spencer:

1) ER Trip for seizure
2) Follow-up for seizure, find that he has ear infections along with a viral infection causing a rash
3) Follow-up on ears that don't seem to be getting better (false alarm...blame the medical student in the house)
4) ER Trip for thumb injury from falling
5) Follow-up visits x2 for thumb injury with orthopedic surgeons
6) Surgery for his thumb
7) Urgent Care visit this afternoon for falling and biting through his lip/chin
8) Follow-up on his surgery (pending)

Apparently, it isn't that parents turn to TV so they don't have to keep a better eye on their kids, it is that parents turn to TV to keep their kids physically safe.  Maybe we should look in to getting some TV stations and stop encouraging Spencer and Preston to be "active."

-Garett

3 comments:

Melissa S. said...

NO WAY!!! I can't believe all that has happened! Now you can tell Rachel it's for your children's safety to invest in movies!!! :)

Stephanie said...

I can't believe that. He's just trying to get it all out before he's two. Xander did that with his cheek. He had stitches on the inside and outside of his mouth. I think that trip to the ER was much more tramatic for me than him though. I had to hold him down while he looked at me with crying eyes not understanding why I was torturing him. Lance is now the person that has to take the kids to the ER.

Liz Hall said...

Dude, where is my Christmas card? Sorry about all the boo boo's.