Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My baby is so big

Today when I was out shopping with just Spencer, he told me he had to go pee. I am not potty training him but he is kind of doing it himself. Of course I didn't want to stop shopping to lug the boy to the toilet, he says he has to pee when in actually he already went and was just letting me know. However, he would not let it go. He kept telling me he had to go. So I gave in and took him. Not only did he go pee but also did the other. His diaper was totally dry. I was so proud of him that I bought him a treat at the store.

For those of you that don't know, Preston has given up his toddler bed. Uncle Lance and Aunt Stephanie had to get new bed for there boys because they needed to make room for the soon to be baby girl in their family. They gave us their old twin beds which are now in Preston's room. Therefore the toddler bed went into Spencer's room so that when he was ready he could learn to sleep in a big boy bed. He thinks it is the coolest thing but that doesn't mean he want to give up his crib. Actually he is really funny about the whole thing. He only wants to take his naps in the toddler bed but will not even think about sleeping there at night. Whatever he wants we are in no hurry for him to grow up.

2 comments:

Emily Evans said...

Way to go Spencer! I like the idea of him potty training himself :) You have the best kids.

Karen said...

They grow up SOOO fast! Enjoy the journey! I'm glad we met you guys. Hope you can visit some time when you are in our neck of the woods. :-)