Sunday, October 26, 2008

Az vs NC

Home will always be Arizona. I was born and raised there. Most of my life memories are there, including meeting and marrying my hot husband. However, I am glad for the chance to move to the east and experience so many things that I could never have experienced in Arizona. One being Fall. I love the fall, the sights, smells and yummy food. I love picking out pumpkins at a real farm and hiking while surrounded by yellow and red leaves. Below is a picture I took while driving(my dad may have been a driver's ed teacher but I don't remember any lessons on keeping eyes on the road, not to mention hands on wheel.) down a highway here. It is about two weeks before true peak fall colors but it is still wonderful. Here is a picture of a highway I often drove in Arizona. I don't know what time of year it was because this is how it looked all through the year.
A little piece of my heart will always long to move back to Arizona, but as for today that piece is being pushed aside by the other part of me that wants to jump in the falling leaves!!
Sorry Mommy but it is true, I love you.

3 comments:

Holly and Derek said...

Love the pictures! That picture of AZ makes me laugh. NC really is so beautiful! I love it here. When you are not used to a lot of trees, it is breathtaking!

Stephanie said...

Those pictures are so funny. There are certain parts of the year that Lance and I can't even imagine moving back West. But when all the leaves are gone and it's freezing cold (w/o snow) that's when Phoenix sounds wonderful.

Emily Evans said...

Amen to that! I don't know if I'll ever be able to give up the seasons and move back to AZ. Plus, I was just there 2 weeks ago and it was 96 degrees!