Garett and the boys all ready to go. The boys love going to races. I let Preston run through the finish line and he loved it. Soon he will be doing his own races.
After the race we hurried home and got ready to go to the Lazy5ranch (http://www.lazy5ranch.com/) with friends. This place was so cool. Basically it was a huge petting zoo. We went on a horse/carriage ride where they gave you buckets of food to feed the animals. They had all kinds of crazy animals there: giraffes, zebras, gazelles, pigs. Of course I don't know what most of the other ones were but I know that they did have a water buffalo, so that is what I started calling all the animals. The boys loved it and so did I. I can't wait to go again.
Boys and me on the horse/carriage ride.
These things were scary. They had no idea how big there horns were because they kept running them into the carriage.
I got Camel slobber on me. (still it was not as bad as Beowulf, Julie)
So even though Garett and I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together on our anniversary it was still a great day and we are still madly in love with each other. (We did stay up late studying, laughing, fighting and eating ice cream- what everybody does to celebrate).
3 comments:
Alright Rachel, next race we will do it together and we'll run the WHOLE time!
No, that wouldn't be my first thoughts on how to spend an anniversary, but that's usually the way it goes. It's never the totally romantic get away that you figure an anniversary should be - although we had a good one this last August. We still laugh over our second anniversary because we totally forgot about it - both of us. My mom called us to wish us felicitaciones and that is how we remembered.
That did look like a lot of fun though - doing the race, and the petting zoo. You've got some good looking boys, they can carry on the mas tradition - I mean Jackson tradition. :)
It's great to see pictures of you and your family.
Not the most ideal anniversary for me. : ) But the ice creams sounds good.
Post a Comment