With the weather getting cooler, Garett and I are wanting to go and explore. We had heard about a really neat bike path that takes you into the back country of Virgina. The colors are changing and so we thought that it would be a great family outing. However, 2 days before we were supposed to go, Garett hurt his back. I was really looking forward to communing with nature and so being the compassionate wife that I am, I called some girlfriends and went hiking without him. This is pilot Mtn. it is only about 1/2 hour from our house. It was a nice hike but not really kid or small dog friendly and it was really crowded. Here are some pictures.
Spencer and Preston at the trail head after the hike. They walked the whole way, with help from mommy!
These are the other girls that I went hiking with, Maria and Robyn and kids.
1 comment:
Looks like you had a good time. Hiking is one of our favorite family activities (when I'm not preggo), and I've found some really great guide books for our area. I just checked Amazon for your neck of the woods. I was looking for something in the Best Hikes with Kids series, but couldn't find one for NC. But here's one in the Best Hikes with Dogs series! :) Or this one might rate hikes by how kid-friendly they are.
(I just can't seem to shake those librarian tendencies...)
Post a Comment