Monday, October 27, 2008

I want the whole thing.

The English language is such a hard language to learn and understand as all foreigners can tell you, but it is also hard for a 2 year old too.
Last week we made a cake to celebrate Garett's last day of Anatomy Lab when I asked Preston if he wanted a piece, he got really upset and said, " I don't want just a piece, I want it all". I thought he was just being greedy and told him no way could he have the whole cake. However, later that day Spencer went potty on the toilet (he does this just to get candy and for no other reason) so I asked Preston if he wanted a piece of candy too. Again he got upset and said "no I want the whole thing".
I realize that when we ask Preston to share food with Spencer we ask him to give him a piece of whatever. So Preston then gives Spencer a small piece or rather a speck of whatever so when I ask Preston if he wants a piece he thinks that I am going to give him a very tiny bit of whatever and darn it he wants more then just a bit of cake.

While I am posting and talking about language, I should say that Spencer is such a little talker. For a week he practicing his "Trick or Treat". You would all melt and give him all the candy you have. Hopefully, this will not be the case since we don't need or want any more candy.

To hear Spencer click on the link: http://www.badongo.com/audio/11862401

No comments: