A couple years ago my sister told me of tradition that their neighborhood does at Halloween time, which we totally adopted. I am sure a lot of you do it too. Anyway, it is called Boo-ing. You take a treat or something festive to a neighbor, leave a poem with directions on how to pass it on, and door bell ditch.
Preston is finally at an age where he is understanding holidays and traditions. Needless to say he liked the whole Boo-ing(especially since he got to eat some of the candy too!), except he doesn't quite get what a "Boo"(a ghost) is so he calls it "Baboon-ing (like the monkey). It is the funniest thing. Now we are just waiting to see if we will get Boo-ed back and if Preston will keep our Baboon-ing a secret.
If you want to go Baboon-ing, check out this site. There are others too.
http://organizedchristmas.com/youve-been-booed
Fourth of July 250
2 months ago
2 comments:
I love doing that with our kids! We should start that in our neck of the woods. I love Halloween!
That sounds like a great idea! I need to that in our neighborhood!
Post a Comment